Friday, August 9, 2013

Preparation and Fundraising Update

I have very exciting news: You all helped raise over $4,000 to complete my fundraising for the year!! I was not expecting this overwhelming response. Thank you to all of you who have given generous gifts and kept me in your prayers! More thank-you notes will be mailed this week, so check your mailbox soon.

I leave on the 16th to fly to New Orleans, spend a few days with the other New Orleans Young Adult Volunteers before we all fly into Newark. From Newark, we are headed to Stony Point, NY for the week-long orientation for all of the YAV's. And finally, on the 26th we fly back to New Orleans for our year of service to begin!

I am thrilled and a little anxious about this year. I've never spent so much time away from home and my friends, so I am anticipating that some days will be challenging. Still, I am very privileged to be able to serve with some amazing people in an incredible city. I am ready to learn more about discipleship, servanthood, compassion, and trust in God over the coming year.

I am asking for your prayers throughout the year for my ministry and the ministries of my fellow YAV's. If you are interested in becoming a prayer partner for me and are able to commit to praying for me once a month, please email me at hannahmills7@hotmail.com.

Again, I thank you for reading this blog, taking a moment out of your day to think or pray about my ministry and how God will be working through me and the people I am serving this year. Thanks again for all of your generous contributions to make this year happen! You rock!

In gratitude,
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment