Sunday, June 9, 2013

Introducing...

My name is Hannah Mills, and starting in August 2013, I will be serving the city of New Orleans on behalf of the Presbyterian Church (USA) as part of the Young Adult Volunteer program. 

I am serving as a  YAV because I want to spend this year preparing myself for a life of service. As a disciple of Christ, I am called to serve and love my neighbors. I cannot separate my discipleship from works of faith. I also have a strong sense of calling to ministry through the discernment of my Christian community.

I plan to attend seminary after I complete YAV with hopes of one day becoming ordained in the PC(USA) as an associate teaching elder and youth minister. I am anticipating that my YAV year will challenge me as a disciple, calling me to trust God more and start developing the heart of a servant out of love.

I am eager to document my experience and share with you how God is working in my life and in the lives of those with whom I am living and serving.


I ask for your prayers because I cannot dream of serving this year without a strong community supporting me.


If you are interested in supporting me financially, please message me, and I can show you how.


Thank you so much for joining me on this exciting new journey!


In gratitude,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment